[K12OSN] printer attached to local client issue

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Wed Jan 19 17:38:30 UTC 2005

I have a laserjet printer attached to a thin client via parallel cable
in the main K12LTSP lab.
Apparently this client is getting powered down at the end of the school day.
So when I arrive, I have an e-mail waiting for me telling me that "the
printer does not work".
I http://localhost:631/printers   and stop then start the printer and
all is well again.
(of course there are 5 copies of each person's print job in the que that
oddly enough root can not remove via the web interface)
Is there any way to 'automagically' restart the printer when this client
is powered back up?

--Huck