[K12OSN] Locking down Mozilla and FireFox Preferences

Timothy Legge tlegge at rogers.com
Fri Jan 21 11:39:40 UTC 2005

Hi All

Based on Andy Rabagliati's post about lockpref I found some great
documents on how to lock down browser preferences.  You may have are
read seen the LTSP Mozilla Lockdown HOWTO which basically tells you how
to set the same preferences for all users:

http://togami.com/~warren/guides/mozlockdown/

The message at:

http://lists.suse.com/archives/suse-linux-e/2004-Jul/2868.html

documents how to lock preferences.  In particular it deals with locking
the browser into a particular proxy which would be great for filtering.

I am sure there are more uses, but I plan to implement some of this very
soon...

Tim