[K12OSN] Eureka! Samba/LDAP is a piece of cake to set up now!

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Fri Jan 21 17:47:58 UTC 2005

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Friday, January 21, 2005 at 10:59 AM +0000 wrote:
>Have you tested using it to bring in a second LDAP server into a network
>that already has an operational LDAP setup?

No and I must say that I had to completely rewrite my how-to last spring
due to the migration from Samba 2.x to Samba 3.  In fact, I spent many
weeks trying to "cross-reference" my old how-to for use in doing my new
set up on Samba 3.  The schemas are quite different....I eventually said
"screw it" and started from scratch again....once I did that and let go of
the older methods and thought processes I was able to progress quite
quickly.  Basically what I'm saying is that it may work for you, but it
may also simply be more practical to switch everything over to Samba 3.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us