[K12OSN] Eureka! Samba/LDAP is a piece of cake to set up now!

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Sat Jan 22 19:54:18 UTC 2005

Yes, that would be the idea.  I want to move the ldap/samba authentication to a 'dedicated' system anyway.  I can build a new system, then just dump the  ldap database, import the ldif.  check it out here at home with a simple network (see if the samba config has been correctly modified, I think there was a script to do the 2-->3 transition), and (hopefully) just plug it back in at the school later and switch the authconfig settings for the existing servers.  David Trask's new script approach will make doing this so much simpler.

Thanks for the advice and help!

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins