[K12OSN] Locking down Mozilla and FireFox Preferencesa

Timothy Legge tlegge at rogers.com
Sun Jan 23 02:46:56 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 10:47, Andy Rabagliati wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Timothy Legge wrote:
>
> > Hi All
> >
> > Based on Andy Rabagliati's post about lockpref I found some great
> > documents on how to lock down browser preferences.  You may have are
> > read seen the LTSP Mozilla Lockdown HOWTO which basically tells you how
> > to set the same preferences for all users:
> >
> > http://togami.com/~warren/guides/mozlockdown/
> >
> > The message at:
> >
> > http://lists.suse.com/archives/suse-linux-e/2004-Jul/2868.html
>
> I attach the script I use.
>
> all.js seems to move around a bit, so it may need tweaking.
>
> It takes a single parameter - the proxy and home page (assumed the same).

I did have to tweak it a little.  all.js seems to be in greprefs for
firefox and at least for mozilla on Slackware the
general.config.filename setting goes in defaults/pref/browser-prefs.js.

Thanks a lot for this script.  I could not for the life of me get the
other methods to work.  I am not sure what I was doing wrong...

Tim