[K12OSN] icewm problem with fix suggestion

Patrick Healy phealy at dsusd.k12.ca.us
Tue Jan 25 23:51:15 UTC 2005

I use icewm exclusively on my server, but noticed since upgrading to
K12LTSP 4.2, that icewmbg and icewmtray were using a lot of resources.
Yesterday, I was running a load average of over 50, while the system
crawled.  I fixed it by:

chmod -x /usr/bin/icewmbg
chmod -x /usr/bin/icewmtray

This was by using the installed version:
icewm-1.2.17-0.k12ltsp.0.4.2

I noticed that icewm.org lists version 1.2.20 as current,
and that these problems were fixed in 1.2.18pre1:

Change Log <snip>
1.2.18pre1: 2004-12-05:
* disable SupportsSemitransparency by default, this makes icewmbg exit
after setting the image and reduces memory usage
* fix CPU waste in icewm-session and icewmtray
see: http://www.icewm.org/changes.php

Any chance of an update?

Thanks,

Patrick Healy