[K12OSN] Single NIC install/LTSP on Yellow Dog

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Jan 25 23:59:22 UTC 2005

> if yellowdog can do tftp dhcp nfs and xdmcp,which it does, should be
> trivial,especially since it is redhat based..even windows can bbe a server
> if it is has those services available..chuck

Thanks Chuck.  I'll continue on my quest then.

I wanted a portable ltsp system to bring to linux world but the only thing I
have portable is a bunch of iBooks.  So I thought this would be a perfect
chance to try a whole lot of new things.  I want to setup one iBook with YDL
and k12ltsp as the server (hence the single nic and ydl questions), and then
try the info you gave me to boot a couple more iBooks as true thins.  I
think this will be a fun project.  Plus 3 12" snow iBooks should be real
easy to bring safely on a plane.