[K12OSN] How to install from .src.rpm

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Jan 26 17:34:35 UTC 2005

This may be a stupid question, but here goes.  How do I install from
*.src.rpm?  Trying to get things running on YDL is forcing me to find
src packages since a lot of the needed dependancies are  .i386.rpm.
Also for the packages that I cannot find in .src.rpm where would I go to
get the source files (not in rpm form)?  Here is a list of the packages
that I cannot find as of yet:

Deps needed by ltsp-core
 ltsp_esound_server
 ltsp_floppyd
 ltsp_kernel_kitchen-sink
 ltsp_x_vesa
 MToolsFM
 verynice
 root-desktop-urls

Deps needed by ltsp-extras
 icemc
 icewm
 icewm-110n
 icewm-menu-gnome2
 gnome-themes-extras

You get the point.  I am sure that some of these are not needed and can
be avoided with rpm --nodeps once I get as close as possible.  Can
anyone tell me which of these are uneeded?  I am assuming I absolutely
need anything that starts with ltsp_*.

Thanks

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department