[K12OSN] Virtual Machine

Mark Cockrell cockrell at honeygroveisd.net
Thu Jan 27 03:34:34 UTC 2005

Hello all,
    This isn't exactly an "on topic" question, but there are so many
here so much wiser in the ways of Linux than I, I thought I'd ask.  In
the Windows world, one can purchase and install MS Virtual PC (at no
small price, I might add) which will allow the creation of Virtual
computers within the Windows OS, which can even run Linux quite nicely.
Is there a Linux (preferably free) alternative?  I know that Win4Lin is
supposed to run Win9X fairly well, but is there a true virtual machine
app. that will run Windows NT/2K/XP and give it access to the Linux
machines hardware devices?

--

C-ya,
Mark