[K12OSN] AR/STAR Take XXXXXVI (give or take a few)

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Thu Jan 27 15:37:28 UTC 2005

Note that OpenOffice.org 2.0, due out in March or so, includes a new built-in
database, called...wait for it...OpenOffice.org Base (I kinda like the term
OOoBase--you heard it here first).  It's competing with Access, but I don't
think it's drop-in replacement, at least not yet.  For example, I don't know if
it can import existing Access DBs; perhaps it can, but I haven't seen much about it.

You can read about it at
http://software.newsforge.com/software/05/01/25/1758245.shtml?tid=72

and the marketing project has a Guide to New Features at
http://marketing.openoffice.org/2.0/featureguide.html

Petre