[K12OSN] Get rid of my PCs

Timothy Legge tlegge at rogers.com
Sat Jan 29 00:58:00 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 20:00, Todd O'Bryan wrote:

> P.S. Cross your fingers. I'm going to try to convince them to let me
> buy a server and thin clients as a pilot project and then give these
> virus-laden, permissions-confusing, time-sucking XP Pro machines to
> unsuspecting teachers who are still running Windows 95. :-)

Please don't.  It would be a far greater service to simply use those PCs
as thin clients and format those drives.  Why pass on the problems of
Win XP to someone else?  ;-)

I recently converted 6 XP PCs to thin clients.  I have not yet formatted
the drives but that day is coming.  I want to make sure XP never
returns; 6 PCs are not much of a dent in the MS numbers, but its 6 less
Windows machines that I will have to look after or be asked to fix...
;-)

Tim