[K12OSN] OT: user's disk usage and inodes

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Sun Jan 30 02:44:01 UTC 2005

> What about "Hidden files"

Best thing I could have ever done was put /home on a separate partition and
set user and group quotas.  I also linked /var/mail to /home/mail.  So now I
don't worry about disk usage any more.  When users call wondering why they
can't send mail or transfer more crap to their folder I simply check their
current usage through webmin and tell them they have to do some house
cleaning.  Then it is their responsibility to keep things in order and I no
longer have to play disk police.

Have you asked this user what is in the folder?  If they say "nothing" then
just can the user and reenter them.