[K12OSN] OT: user's disk usage and inodes

aust_txv at ACCESS-K12.org aust_txv at ACCESS-K12.org
Mon Jan 31 13:41:56 UTC 2005

>> du -s /home/* | sort -n | less
>>ls -asRS /home/badstudent |less

Thanks, good stuff !!!!  a command line xdiskusage - - very sweet.  This
helps sooo much, I can remote admin these file systems.  Will do.  This
looks like it could take a while.  That is a new approach for me.

I use the following command now to find files
Note: All my student and teacher ID's start with a prefix

# find /home/userprefix* -name '*.zip* -ok rm '{}' ';'

change *.zip to *.mp3 or whatever... *.exe  aol*.*  then you can delete
them.
change -ok to -exec and you won't get prompted for a delete response y/n.

I did find the files I was looking for and eveything adds up.

Thanks again,

Tom Ventresco