Re: [K12OSN] Apache userdir not working

Hi,

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Jack wrote:

For some reason I am not able to get Apache to display the public_html
contents of a users home directory to work.  I keep getting a 403 error
Forbidden.

That's the default behaviour in the Apache 2 version, I think.

<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
   #
   # UserDir is disabled by default since it can confirm the presence
   # of a username on the system (depending on home directory
   # permissions).
   #
   # UserDir disable

Uncomment the previous line too. It must be:

UserDir enable

As a last resort I've made the permissions for the /home/jack  directory
777

No, you are creating a severe security problem. Everybody will have permision to write on that home directory.

Put it 701.

Also the /home is set for 777

No, it's not necesary.

Jesus.

--
Jesus Aneiros Sosa
GNU/Linux User #190716 en counter.li.org

--
Mensaje analizado en busca de virus y otros
contenidos peligrosos, se considera que está limpio.