[K12OSN] AMD64 K12LTSP

Angus Carr acarr at saskforestcentre.ca
Tue Jan 4 16:27:36 UTC 2005

I am about to receive an amd64 machine. I am planning on running it for
a few months as a workstation, then replace the current K12LTSP box with
the amd64.

I know that there isn't a 64-bit distribution of K12LTSP, but I remember
Eric H. saying he had it running on a few of his machines.

Where do I look for the list of packages to install manually on top of a
64-bit Fedora Core 3 install? I would like to compile the packages for
myself  and then I can upload them somewhere, if that's of use to
anyone. I suppose in the end I would like to propose that we
(collectively) maintain a set of amd64 packages for use. If there was
enough interest, we could probably even set it up as a yum/apt
repository so installation of k12LTSP/64 would be as simple as
installing FC/64 followed by adding a line to yum.conf and doing a yum
install k12ltsp.

Ok, I admit it, there's a lot of work to achieve the dream, but I am
willing to do my part to get my own equipment up and running. Anyone
else interested in K12LTSP on the amd64 platform?

Angus Carr.