Re: [K12OSN] Methods for documenting systems and procedures

On Tuesday 04 Jan 2005 9:27 pm, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 14:01, Henry Burroughs wrote:
> > Does anyone use a wiki?  I'm considering dokuwiki to store all my
> > system and process documentation.
>
> I use twiki (http://www.twiki.org/).  It has some nice plug-in

We use MoinMoin http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/
This particular wiki has one huge advantage over twiki; you can get it running
without having access to the httpd.conf file.  We run our wiki on shared web
server and the ISP does not allow you to change the apache config files.
Running it on an external server means that our documentation is safe in the
event that the school burns down.  I have done DR four times (including worse
case) and you can never have enough documentation.
--
Regards
Martin Woolley

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster bgfl org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation