Re: [K12OSN] gigabit

Wednesday, January 05, 2005 at 9:09 AM +0000 wrote:
>The clients don't benefit from anything beyond 100Mb.

Why?  If the server has gigabit, the clients have gigabit, and the network
is gigabit...why wouldn't the data be served at gigabit speed?  There are
some gigabit cards that etherboot will work with (not sure about
PXE)....I've always wanted to try the whole thing at gigabit speed...I
have gigabit servers and backbone, but my clients are 100baseT....I'd love
to see how much fast it'd be if it was gigabit through and through.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us