Re: [K12OSN] OpenMosix+k12ltsp

Sure,

I downloaded the cds from http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix/

I then burned a cd for each computer system, and they automatically detect each other.  There are a number of programs provided on the system, one notably Povray.  However, clusterKnoppix, like Knoppix boots off the cd.  So unless you mount a directory off a USB device, network, hardrive, any data you generate will not be saved (plus, you might run out of ram).  You could probably get other programs to work that aren't included by having them run off a network or hardrive.

Henry

On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 09:29, Jesus Aneiros Sosa wrote:
Hi Henry,

> I've got a kid who's doing a science fair project, and we fell back to
> using 4 or 5 clusterKnoppix cds to get the job done (I couldn't get
> terminal services mode on those cds working properly... plus too many
> dhcp conflicts  on my current network config).  We are just using povray
> and the povray benchmark (skyvase.pov).

Could you be so kind to tell a little bit more about using clusterKnoppix
or point me to some URLs?

TIA, --aneiros.