Re: [K12OSN] Sound in 4.2 working

Trond Mæhlum wrote:

I installed K12LTSP 4.2 on a testserver today. I'm interested in the new sound hack. But some things are unclear. Does the hack only apply to esd? I edited /etc/sysconfig/k12ltsp and set hack to yes. Is there something more to it? I thought the hack was supposed to put .esd/socket it /tmp. It didn't. Nor after a reboot of the server.

I then chose nasd as the sound system, and I got sound - also in flash in firefox. So I suppose I'd leave it at that. It's just the feeling of not understanding what's going on...

But it's working. Now how do I adjust the volume from the terminal? Kmix did nothing, and gnome-volume-control complained about no sound server. It would be great to be able to adjust my excellent sound as well :)

We were never able to figure out how to adjust the volume on each of the terminals. We purchased headsets with a volume adjustment and that works.

Rita Gibson
RMSELTech