[K12OSN] printing quotas...I need a solution

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Wed Jan 5 22:39:34 UTC 2005

Your best route might be to have your ltsp server or an old box running linux
act as a print server for all computer systems, and then control the printing at
the print server through samba.  But getting quotas (usually it's called printer
accounting) to work the way you want may be tricky.  Google for 'printer
accounting samba'.  One good link I saw (good in that it explained the
difficulty) was
http://www.sunsite.ualberta.ca/Documentation/Misc/LPRng-3.6.13/LPRng-HOWTO-15.html

HTH
Petre