[K12OSN] RE: Cluster knoppix

Sean Harbour SHarbour at nwresd.k12.or.us
Fri Jan 7 01:00:22 UTC 2005

>However, clusterKnoppix, like Knoppix boots
>off the cd.  So unless you mount a directory off a USB device, network,
>hardrive, any data you generate will not be saved (plus, you might run
>out of ram).  You could probably get other programs to work that aren't
>included by having them run off a network or hardrive.

>Henry

Of course, you could always install cluster knoppix to the hard drive and
solve that problem.

Boot up Knoppix, open a terminal, type 'su' then press enter, then type 'knoppix-install' and press enter again.
Follow the menu and enjoy!
Easily the slickest Debian variant installation I've ever done.

Sean Harbour
sean at harbours.us