[K12OSN] 4.2 freeze-up

I am experiencing my first system freeze since I installed k12ltps.  recently, all my workstations froze; the mouse worked on all of them, but nothing else.  I had to power down the server by turning off the cpu; the shutoff and reboot buttons could not be clicked.  I'm wondering if there is some sort of maintenance that I have not been performing on my server over the last few months that would gradually slow it down, such as deleting cache.  I have deleted cashe and history on web browsers.  Many of my clients have less than the desired amount of ram, but it seems to be much slower since I upgraded to 4.2.  Any ideas? Thanks!