Re: [K12OSN] Sound Not Working on my Linux Account

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <"Support list for
opensource software in schools." <k12osn redhat com> on Thu Jan  6 2005 at
21:48 -0500 wrote:
>I had a similar problem (one account works, others do not) and deleting a
>file labelled .esddsp_esddsp (or something similar) located in the
>account's home directory solved the issue.  However, you also will need
>the fix mentioned earlier regarding adding file  /tmp/.esd/socket . Just
>a shot in the dark.
>

>Sincerely,
>Dave Hopkins

Hi Dave! The socket was missing. That fixed it. Thanks.

Alan Owen
Recent Hermon High School Graduate (Class of '02)
Hermon Information Services/Hermon School Department
"Using Technology to Empower All Students to Succeed in a Changing World."

Webmaster of http://www.brittany-snow.com
The Official Website for the actress Brittany Snow on NBC's American Dreams