Re: [K12OSN] WhiteBoxLinux K12LSTP Test NAT problem....

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Rich McCue wrote:

I'm running WhiteBoxLinux on a server for a small office, some users have thin clients and others have fat Windows clients using NAT to get out to the internet. I applied a large group of patches yesterday and rebooted the server over night and the NAT (Network Address Translation) has stopped working. I tried reinstalling the nat-0.0.3-1.k12ltsp.1.3.1.noarch.rpm package to see if that would fix the problem, but it did not. Any ideas on where I should look for the problem? Here is the lengthy list of the packages that I upgraded yesterday (see link below). Any help would be much appreciated as my fat client users are clamoring for the internet:

http://www.law.uvic.ca/rmccue/packages.html

Just installing the "nat" package is not enough, you have to activate it:

	/sbin/chkconfig nat on
	/sbin/service nat start

-Eric