Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP 4.2.0/x86_64 HOWTO

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Ascension Tech wrote:

Hey Eric,
Congrats on the laptop.  ;)  I'm totally getting one (hypersonic-pc I
think) for music production.  How much of a performance boost would we
get from using x86_64 on our dual opteron server?

It *feels* faster, but I have not done benchmarks.

I'm assuming that
it's pretty much just the kernel that's 64 bit.

The vast majority of the applications are 64 bit as well.

-Eric