Re: [K12OSN] icewm vs gnome

Nathan Sinton wrote:
I am getting ready to roll out a terminal server at my school. It
will be a dual 2.2 Ghz Xeon server with 2 GB of ram and will run
k12ltsp 4.2.0. I'm using the IBM Linux client migration cookbook
(http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/sg246380.pdf) for my
cross-platform authentication. (detailed in chapter 7) each student
will have their own account with a home directory on a windows 2000
server. I'm using IBM's solution for mounting home directories so
they will be mounted over samba. since symbolic links are not
supported over samba it looks like I can't use KDE. I would like to
know what window manager you would recommend and why, or if anyone has
a solution to get KDE running with a samba mounted home directory. IBM's suggestion of mounting the samba share in a subdirectory of the
user's home directory will be my LAST resort if nothing else works.

Thanks,
-Nathan