Re: [K12OSN] BackupPC

Ah, you too Mark?
I've just found the 'unstable' repositories for the debian system I setup yesterday so am 'apt-get install backuppc' as I type...
I do find the documentation rather daunting on setting up host and clients...
Any chance you could wiki your work? I'll be logging my activities as well... hopefully we can reduce the fear the documentation instills.

--Huck

Really, Huck, I didn't do anything. I read the documentation, line by line, and filled in the values for my network. The vast majority of our systems are Windows, so I just used the SMB option and listed the machines I wanted to back up in the host file. I haven't tackled the Linux machines yet, but that's only because I don't even know how to share files on a Linux machine without Samba. Once I figure out the whole rsync thing (I honestly don't even know what that is), I'll tackle that aspect of BackupPC. But, if I only ever use it for my Windows/Samba servers it's still an amazing product, and you can't beat the price.

C-ya,
Mark
____
Charlie Brown's father was a barber.