Re: [K12OSN] BackupPC

How do you handle outlook.pst files since they cant be backed up while open. Also with windows xp machines it is not so easy to give the correct permissions to access each users profile dir in doc & settings without opening there work to the world ?

Regards
Dean

I don't touch Outlook (shivers). While I don't disallow it, I consider it an "unsupported application", which means that anyone who chooses to use it is on their own for backups. As for the user profiles, Windows NT domains have a special user group called "Backup Admins" that have read (but not execute) access to everything. So, the user set up in the BackupPC config can grab a copy of everything. At least, I haven't found anything yet that was a problem.

--

C-ya,
Mark