[K12OSN] HELP! adobe acrobat plugin not working for anyone but root

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Tue Jan 11 16:06:45 UTC 2005

Hey folks!

I have an issue I need help with.  I wasn't aware of it, but the acrobat
reader plugin is not working on our system.  I installed it via the script
(yum) on root's desktop when I installed the server.....I just tried to
run it again...and it is installed.  So...it works for root, but not for
anyone else.  I'm thinking it's a permissions issue, but not sure where
the plugin lives.  I don't see it in any of the mozilla plugins
directories.   Can anyone shed some light on this?  I need to get it
fixed....I won't sleep until I do  ;-)

The permissions for /usr/bin/acroread appear to be fine....that's all I
can find that seems to be releated to acrobat reader....can't even find
where the plugin lives, but it is indeed installed....it works for root
and also shows up in Firefox's preferences.....just won't launch for
anyone but root......HELP!

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School