[K12OSN] BackupPC (a complement to it, g4u) (as well as UDP cast)

Paul Satherley pauls at tclcommunications.co.nz
Wed Jan 12 06:17:07 UTC 2005

I find UDP-CAST a great time saver to blow an "image" to multiple PC's
in one go..
works for Linux,XP pro,Win98 etc  as long as the hardware is
same(easier) , just a PC name change and your good to go..
I find it usefull when I have 30 Xp PC with no Active directory server
to control policys   ie only using Gpedit.msc locally to limit user access.

A few tips
just prepare one clean machine install all apps etc with updates
licensing etc ..
do a standard defrag, not a Nortons optimise disk, UDP cast only images
the start of a Nortons optmised disk?
The Cdboot option is far better than slow floppies ..
start the "sender" machine first then carefully add "reciever" machine
to the job,  I say carefully because once the "reciever" see's the
sender machine
a prompt "hit any key to start the cast appears"  dont hit a key untill
you have added the last machine..easyier said than done..

http://udpcast.linux.lu/

cheers
Paul S