Re: [K12OSN] renaming IceWM

A launcher is the Linux functional equivalent of a MS Shortcut.  it is just a text file that can be edited manually, or I think you can 'right click' on the desktop and select create launcher, then edit the file to add the appropriate command to launch.

A couple of quick links that discuss them (gnome specific)

http://www.fifi.org/doc/gnome-users-guide/html/gnome-users-guide/C/launchers.html or http://www.linuxforum.com/gnome/gospanel-16.html

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins

> What's a launcher? Is it like another submenu or something?
>
> -Rob

OR
Create a launcher on your personal desktop on machine #2?
The
> launcher will fire out same commands that you are using from
> command
line.
--
Sudev Barar