Re: [K12OSN] ltsp client authentication with separate k12ltsp andsmb/ldap boxe

Everyone is getting confused....I'm familiar with what he's trying to
do....he's trying to implement the Samba/LDAP as outlined in my how to at
http://web.vcs.u52.k12.me.us/linux/Samba-LDAP.pdf   We're also working
with scripting the whole Samba/LDAP install.  Done correctly....it just
works.  My suspicion is that something is firewalled off.  Samba/LDAP is
an excellent method for centralized authentication and if it's set up
right....all you do is set up authconfig with the correct values (see the
how-to) and away you go.  All the users and home dirs live on the
Samba/LDAP server.

Thursday, January 13, 2005 at 5:46 AM +0000 wrote:
>I think he wants to boot via PXE and point to a local passwd file for
>login (So the
>students can login as administrator I guess).
>I think a smarter way would be to point to another passwd file so you
>won't have to
>buy a HD for each PC.
>
>I think he has a good point there, just don't know how you would go about
>doing it.
>I will leave it for the experts.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator