RE: [K12OSN] "Ghost" for Linux?

I'd steer away from the Ghost for Linux project.  There has apparently been a bit of controversy between the g4u (which works with Linux anyhoo) and g4l projects.  Without judging personally, it appears that at some point the g4l people borrowed liberally from the g4u codebase -without- proper attribution or maintaining the copyright notices.  Having not compared the code line by line myself, I can't say for certain.  But the g4u project works, and there is no suspicion of taint there.

-dhbarr.

PS: http://www.feyrer.de/g4u/g4l.html is a link to the code comparison done by the author of Ghost for Unix.

Around Thursday, January 13, 2005 10:09 AM,