Re: [K12OSN] renaming IceWM

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 11:49, Sudev Barar wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 06:50 -0500, Rob Owens wrote:
> > What's a launcher?  Is it like another submenu or something?
> >

> Launcher is an Icon on your desktop. Right click on the desktop and you
> will see a menu for creating a launcher. Fill up name you want to give
> and the command that the launcher is to run when the icon is pressed.
> It is fairly easy.

Even easier, run a gnome session and drag some items off the menus
onto the desktop.  It converts them to launchers automatically and
you can move them around in the filesystem or drop them on the
toolbars.  I don't think icewm has an equivalent way to create them
but it (and KDE, etc.) will display them and run the associated
programs when you double-click, and you can modify them with a
right-click/properties or opening with a text editor.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les futuresource com