[K12OSN] RE: Adapter Teaming

>Jim,

>This 'adaptor teamin'...this is like the 'nic bonding' Gavin refers to
>on his site?
>And if so...does this mean...I could have say 4 Gig-E nics ... all
>plugged into seperate
>switches, but doing the same job as eth0 on the K12LTSP server so that
>each lab has it's
>own ~1GB bandwidth?  then my limits would be based on my RAM and CPU
>basically.
> Huck

Not quite. You also have to figure in the bottleneck from the PCI bus itself.
A normal PC with a 32 bit PCI bus can barely feed a single Gig-E NIC. With a server using
64 bit PCI slots and matching Gig-E NICs, you could maybe use 3, depending on CPU,
RAM, and probably to a lesser extent, storage system throughput.
Has anybody built a monster like this yet and can share their experiences?

Sean Harbour
sean harbours us

<<winmail.dat>>