Re: [K12OSN] renaming IceWM

The other thing you could do would be to write a little script for each application and in the script check to see if /home is local or nfs mounted, and then use ssh if it is nfs mounted, and don't if it isn't. For example:

if mount | grep home |grep : ; then
  ooffice
else
  ssh  computer1 ooffice
fi

Do it by hand first of course, because I think the above if statement will return a 1 when it fails and a 0 when successful. The greps look for home and then look for a colon which I think will only be present if a hostname is part of the providing partition, i.e., its mounted across the network via nfs. There may be a more robust way to detect it.

Petre

Rob Owens wrote:
Sounds like I could do a similar thing by using a submenu anyway. I was thinking about creating a submenu that says "computer 2" and under that I could have an OpenOffice selection which runs the appropriate ssh command. But I was kinda hoping that I could come up w/ something a little more transparent than that.

-Rob

--- On Thu 01/13, Petre Scheie < petre maltzen net > wrote: From: Petre Scheie [mailto: petre maltzen net] To: k12osn redhat com Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:35:37 -0600 Subject: Re: [K12OSN] renaming IceWM