Re: [K12OSN] lightweight file manager?

I don't think so; or at least I don't run it that way. One of the gee-that's-cool-but-not-everyone-liked-it features of Nautilus was its ability/insistance on taking over the desktop. I never cared for it mostly because it was so slow and made everything else drop to a crawl also. It has since gotten much better, but it still requires a fair amount of horsepower. There's the idesk project for creating desktop icons in lightweight window managers. I haven't tried it yet, but hope to soon. It might make for a good alternative to Nautilus-with-Icewm for K12LTSP.

Petre