[K12OSN] OpenGL and k12ltsp 4.1

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Sat Jan 15 20:50:19 UTC 2005

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005, Gary Frederick wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I am failing to install pyro (robotics software) on a k12ltsp 4.1 system. Part
> of the problems are because some of the OpenGL software is in
> /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/X11R6/include rather than the usual places. I have been
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Note that the software in /opt/ltsp/ is for the TERMINALS ONLY, not for
use on the server.

If you are installing software that runs on the server, IGNORE everything
in /opt/ltsp/

> getting past all those places but just hit a problem with freeglut. I got the
> fedora freeglut rpms and it will not install because it thinks libGL is not
> installed. It is, but rpm is not picking it up.

Using yum (or apt or up2date) to install rpms is much better than
trying to manually install rpms, it will take care of the dependancies
for you (if possible).

Try this:

 	yum install freeglut

-Eric