[K12OSN] OT: setting gnome file manager defaults

Okay, this is OT, but ... after upgrading to 4.1, double clicking the home folder opens Nautilus in some reduced view (just icons, no address bar, ...). Right clicking and picking Browse gets the view I was expecting. This is a change from how RH9 was launching the File browser. How do I get the old behavior back? Better yet, is there a way to define (per user or system-wide) what file browser is launched when the home folder is double clicked?

Thanks,
Dave Hopkins
Newark Charter School