[K12OSN] Northeast Linux Conference in Maine

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Sat Jan 15 23:36:32 UTC 2005

Ok everyone,

As promised I am posting the dates for the Gould Academy Summer Linux
Seminar (we need to come up with a better name) at Gould Academy in
Bethel, Maine.  As I mentioned earlier last fall....for the past couple of
years we have hosted an awesome three-day Linux Seminar  in the beautiful
Western Mountains of Maine.  We provide room and board (the meals are
incredible) for $400.  (price this year not set yet, but I imagine it'll
be about the same)  Last year we had folks from as far away as Vancouver
B.C. and Toronto as well as many folks from around New England.  It's a
great three days of learning, discussion, and hanging out with other folks
of varying Linux backgrounds.  Many of the folks in attendance are in the
education field as that's how the whole thing started, but last year we
saw several folks who are working with libraries and others in the
business world....in fact we had a couple from IBM and HP!  Anyway...the
tentative dates for this year are  June 19th, 20th, and 21st.  We normally
have it a w
eek later, but scheduling issues on campus have forced us to go a bit
earlier.  Hopefully everyone can still make it.  I will post the actual
cost and information on where to send checks, PO's, and registrations in a
week or so, but in the meantime if you are interested in attending...drop
me a line at   dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us  so I can add you to my mailing
list....and block out those dates!  For those of you interested in travel
arrangements....the closest airports are (in order of distance)  Portland,
Maine......Manchester, NH....Portsmouth, NH (Pan AM only)...Bangor,
ME.....Boston, MA.  There is also Amtrak and Bus service to Portland and
other  Maine cities.  Hope you can come!  If you are interested in being a
presenter...let me know that too as we will be setting that up soon as
well (and we do pay the presenters a fee)  :-)

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us