Re: [K12OSN] OT: best distro for laptop

Everything is just plain standard--no surprises or "weirdness" with
configuration.  Therefore, my main desktop at home runs Slack 10.0.

Thanks TP. I installed SuSE 9.1 this weekend and downloaded a fresh ISO of Arch Linux (http://archlinux.org/). Slackware got me into this crowd in the first place...a SAM's book titled "Slackware 3.0 Unleashed" purchased from Software Etc... and the sales guy told me "Linux was not going anywhere, you don't hear to much about it any more" :) :) :) LOL.
Yet another ISO on the way - - Good times and thanks,
Tom Ventresco