[K12OSN] thunderbird font issue

Hello,
Thunderbird on k12ltsp 4.2.0 uses a font that makes it difficult to distinguish between read/unread (regular/bold) messages. I would like to use fonts similar to Thunderbird on WinXP. I added msfonts from the extras script and changed Thunderbird font settings to match those in winXP, but the appearance remains the same. Does anyone know what I am missing?

Thanks,

Dale