Re: [K12OSN] Re: !!!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!! Important information regarding use of the Nazgul Server

Stevn Bartley wrote:
k12osn - please disregard.

It appears that autocomplete in thunderbird was being a little too helpful this morning when I was sending this.:)

Sorry for the unintended mail.

Does this mean I can go ahead and update your server now? (jk)

tony

Stevn

Stevn Bartley wrote:

It is important that all employee's who are using the Nazgul server read this mail.

This mail is a reminder once again that no software installation or updates are to be applied or run on the Nazgul server without the approval of I.S.

Security on the server is set as tight as we can make it without hindering your ability to use the system. Unfortunately, even with this configuration, it is possible for users to attempt upgrades of simple applications like Trillian. This, however causes unforseen issues and problems with these program updates fail or cause the applications being used by all of Support to stop working.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, DO NOT RUN UPDATES, INSTALLS OR ANY OTHER FORM OF SOFTWARE ADDITION/REMOVAL ON SYSTEMS AT ISI WITHOUT PERMISSION.

Thanks,

Stevn Bartley
System Administrator