[K12OSN] printer attached to local client issue

I have a laserjet printer attached to a thin client via parallel cable in the main K12LTSP lab.
Apparently this client is getting powered down at the end of the school day.
So when I arrive, I have an e-mail waiting for me telling me that "the printer does not work".
I http://localhost:631/printers and stop then start the printer and all is well again.
(of course there are 5 copies of each person's print job in the que that oddly enough root can not remove via the web interface)
Is there any way to 'automagically' restart the printer when this client is powered back up?

--Huck