[K12OSN] workstation boot problem

Ken Grant kmgrant at actaccess.net
Wed Jan 19 12:32:21 UTC 2005

Hi All:

I am having trouble getting my workstations to boot.

This has happened when booting from a disk and from a boot rom.  The
workstations pull an IP address successfully but then one of two things
happen.  After getting an IP address the workstations does not load a
kernel.  It stops at /tftbt/vmlinuz...  That path may not be completely
correct.

If it does get a kernel it will often hang on mounting the filesystem.
The odd think is, if I reboot it will often connect to the sever
correctly.  This has happened in several workstations.  Any ideas would
be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Ken