From: Alan A Hodson <ahodson elp rr com>
To: k12osn redhat com
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 07:07:57 -0700
Subject: [K12OSN] Pushing an application to a given group

Greetings from West Texas

I believe I have used the Webmin batch script enough times to load
users into a system to be able to add a group of users, who in
addition to the regular privileges, also belong to a group called
TEACHRS (suggestions welcomed - I use
create:username:userpwd:::username:/home/username:/bin/csh::::: for
the base script)
)

What I really would appreciate some help with is creating a small
script that would then push a given application (say its called
IGPro) to the TEACHRS desktop *only*, much in the same way root is
able to mass install flash, fonts, webmin itself, etc. from the
desktop.

I am deploying K12LTSP v.4.2.0 on a HUGE DELL server that is going to
be accessible from any classroom at a campus (using VLANS) that I am
hoping becomes a standard for the El Paso ISD.

My deepest gratitude to the folks that share their talent and time
with this list and to the effort of providing accessible technology
to students everywhere

Cheers

Alan A Hodson
http://links.episd.org