[K12OSN] Samba/LDAP configuration script available

K12LTSP Community,
The goal in our school district during the last few months has been to
build a linux network that would allow all types of clients to
authenticate and access home directories.  However, the time and
expertise required to install and configure LDAP/Samba was an issue.
We are happy to announce that we have developed a script that
drastically reduces the amount of time it takes to install and
configure LDAP/Samba on a K12LTSP 4.2 server (less than 30 minutes).
We have successfully authenticated clients and accessed home
directories on thin clients, Windows XP, Macintosh, and Linux.  We hope
that this script will be of use to the K12LTSP open source community.
We thank all of your for your continued work and support.

David Trask was instrumental in this project as he spent hundreds of
hours in the development of  the how-to and volunteered to test each
version of the script.  Matt Oquist is the talented programmer who
authored the script.  Art Reardon also spent endless hours in the
testing and development process.  Thanks to each of you for your work!
The script can be download by clicking on the download button at:
http://technology.sau16.k12.nh.us/opnsrc

Steve Kossakoski
Assistant Superintendent, Technology & Research
SAU 16, 24 Front Street Exeter, NH  03833