[K12OSN] VNC Reflector Not Working

Rita Gibson rgibson57 at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 21 13:45:10 UTC 2005

Hello!

Yes come join us on IRC, I have been trying to get this to work and have
been logging into #ltsp (thank you cliebow for helping). I would really
like to get it to work, but take it one step further, I'd like it to
work with TeacherTool. Hope to see you on the IRC guys. I probably won't
be there today, I'm over-budget on my time, but will be in Monday.

BTW, I wonder if these instructions were written for an installation
that used vnc running under xinetd?Could this have anything to do with
it? At some point this week I (with much help) had it working somehow
but I got a new instance of a desktop instead of connecting to the
teacherdemo desktop. Cliebow said there was a howto that rjune wrote on
vnc and xinetd. I went looking for that this morning. Didn't find that
howto, but did find some stuff on both wiki's about vnc and xinetd. It
seems to me that what vnc is designed to do under xinetd -- is to give
each user from whatever type of system an ltsp desktop so they can use
an application on the terminal server.

I am very confused. Maybe I shouldn't have tried to explain my state of
confusion.

Rita Gibson
RMSELTech