Re: RE[K12OSN] Content Management System ?

Sharon:

Wiki is supported as under moodle see:
      http://moodle.org/download/modules/
Search for Wiki
Here is a quote from the website:
   <------
      Implements proper Wiki pages as a Moodle activity.
     Based on the ErfurtWiki library.
   ------->

don

Mark Raine wrote:

We work things a little different. The Division web page was created by the
division using dream weaver. Each school has a person assigned to creat and
manage the school web sites , most use dream weaver.  These school pages
contain links to teachers pages and moodle pages

We are only in our 2nd year with moodle and teachers are really getting into
it. Making tests and assigments that can be accessed from school or home.

Division Page  www.tisdaleschooldiv.sk.ca
Tmss Page with link  tmss.tisdaleschooldiv.sk.ca

I am not sure on WIKI, moodle was installed by someone else But I could check
if you want.

TTYL

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 11:55:14 -0500, Sharon Betts wrote

Mark, are you saying you use Moodle for your entire website? if so, could you point me to your URL as I would like to check it out.

We also use Moodle for online-courses -- do you use the WIKI module? I have an older installation which has been "tweaked" to work under our portal with one point authentication. I am thinking of upgrading to get the WIKI -- I tried installing the module, but can't get the older version to recoginize it.

What I am looking for here is a new CMS for our total web presence. It is presently running on IIS and I want to get rid of the Microsoft server. Sharon "Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn redhat com> on Sunday, January 23, 2005 at 11:15 AM +0000 wrote:

We are using moodle. The teachers find it easy to use as do students. We
also
use it in distance education. I think this is the link http://moodle.org/

On Su

n, 23 Jan 2005 09:24:25 -0500, Sharon Betts wrote

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn redhat com> on Thursday, January 20, 2005 at 10:49 PM +0000

wrote:

www.drupal.org

I am about to make the final decision on our CMS --
wavering in the choice between metadot
site school
and now drupel -- this doesn't look quite like what I want, but I love the WIKI module. I wish there was a WIKI for metadot. I have

investigated

MAMBO, but don't like the permission system.

Any advice?
Sharon

Mark Raine
Computer Services Coordinator
Tisdale School Division #53
mark tsd53 ca
306 873-2352  EXT: 505

Sharon MSAD#71 Director of Educational Technology
sbetts msad71 net http://www.msad71.net 207-985-1100
I think in terms of the day's resolutions, not the year's. - Henry Moore