[K12OSN] Re: Eureka! Samba/LDAP is a piece of cake to set up now!

Rich McCue rmccue at law.uvic.ca
Mon Jan 24 04:05:59 UTC 2005

Well I installed the scripts and I think I found one thing that needs to
be changed.  I couldn't join an XP machine to the new domain until I
made the following changes to the /etc/samba/smb.conf file starting at
about line 173:

New:
  add user script = /opt/IDEALX/sbin/smbldap-useradd -m "%u"

Orig:
add user script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd -m "%u"

Note that I had to switch "/opt/IDEALX/sbin/" for "/usr/local/sbin/" on
a number of lines.

Another question.  Are there any decent web based or gui based admin
tools for an LDAP/Samba setup?

Thanks for all the hard work done by the SAU IT staff in putting the
LDAP/Samba scripts together.

Rich