[K12OSN] Re: Eureka! Samba/LDAP is a piece of cake to set up now!

Well I installed the scripts and I think I found one thing that needs to be changed. I couldn't join an XP machine to the new domain until I made the following changes to the /etc/samba/smb.conf file starting at about line 173:

New:
 add user script = /opt/IDEALX/sbin/smbldap-useradd -m "%u"

Orig:
add user script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd -m "%u"

Note that I had to switch "/opt/IDEALX/sbin/" for "/usr/local/sbin/" on a number of lines.

Another question. Are there any decent web based or gui based admin tools for an LDAP/Samba setup?

Thanks for all the hard work done by the SAU IT staff in putting the LDAP/Samba scripts together.

Rich

"David Trask" <dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us> wrote:

Let us know how the Samba/LDAP thing works out! Also...I know it's a
haul, but if you're able to make it back East to the Linux conference in
June we'd love to see you again! :-)

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School